Friday, April 13, 2007

Let's Be Serious

Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer has a great post today about quotes. If you go over be sure to read the comments because there are some great quotes in there.

The post got me to thinking about one of my favorite quotes:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Gandhi

At first reading it might sound extremely negative to some. I don't consider it negative as much as an admonishment to be conscious of what face I put on Christianity.

Another favorite quote of mine says it more eloquently than I could.

“Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.” Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Sonny said...

I LIKE THE GANDHI QUOTE.IT SUMS UP A LOT OF HOW I FEEL.I WISH I HAD READ THAT YEARS AGO IT WOULD HAVE SAVED ME A LOT OF TROUBLE TRYING TO EXPLAIN HOW I FEEL.