Friday, July 20, 2007

Frugal Friday

Just a quick tip as I am out the door for a busy day. I was at Wal Mart the other day looking for a window washing tool. I can't reach the top part of my outside windows and thought there might be a squeege with an extension handle or something.

They have a window washing tool with a cloth cover on the end that they sell for $15. That seemed high to me. After some thought I went to my dollar tree and picked up a sponge mop for $1 and used it to wash the outside windows . After a rinse with the garden hose I let them air dry and they look great and I saved $14.

A tip is to never to wash windows that are directly in sunlight and they will usually dry spot free.

For more tips and ideas check out Crystal's site

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the flowers in the window!

Sherry said...

Good thinking! Gotta love those dollar stores.