Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Favorite Things

Years ago, before I started my current business, I had a crafts business. I was in several craft malls and I did art and craft shows in the area.

During that time I met Terri Byrd. She is a wonderful polymer clay artist. You can see her work here. Be sure to check out her galleries. Her work is extraordinary.

Much of Terri's work is out of my price range, except for her adorable little fairies. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them. They are so tiny, only about 3 inches long, and so whimsical and sweet.

When I was a little girl I used to play around the roots of a huge Oak tree. I created fairy rooms in the nooks around the roots. I would make beds out of grass and leaves and bowls and cups out of acorn caps. I would imagine that at night the fairies would come out of the woods and play in the rooms I made. In my imagination the fairies looked very much like the ones that Terri makes. I think they are perfect, right down to the tips of their tiny little toes.

No comments: