Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Praying for Paris

Prayer isn't exactly what comes to mind when you think of Paris Hilton is it? Sallie over at A Gracious Home has a very thought provoking post about Paris Hilton. Regardless what your religious affiliation I think you will agree with her post.

I know I have reached Paris "overload" and have a negative reaction to even the mention of her name. Sallie's post made me realize that my attitude could use some adjustment. When it comes right down to it, Paris Hilton is no different than all of us. She is driven by the same desire for love and attention, and need for acceptance and belonging as we are.

Who knows why she is driven to act as she does. Who knows what has been said or done to her. Maybe she is just spoiled, but you know spoiling a child to that point is in many ways a form of abuse. Maybe she has lead a charmed life up until now and hasn't had to face the realities of adulthood, I don't know.

I do know if she comes out of jail unchanged and continues to act as she always has it will be very difficult to continue to feel sympathetic toward her. I don't think I'll have an easy time with that. That will be my problem to deal with and I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Right now, I'll do my best to look at her with the eyes of a mom and pray for her, just like I would hope others would for my children if they made mistakes that ended them up in her situation.

Pic:Roses on Clinch Mountain

No comments: