Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thrifting Again

I had few minutes after an appointment so I stopped in my favorite thrift store and look what I found! This P. Buckley Moss Christmas plate was only $4. It goes perfectly on my shelf that holds an iron that belonged to my Grandmother, a mini quilt, also thrifted, and a little Amish doll I bought in Lancaster Pa.

I can't remember where the little bowl came from but it was probably a yard sale or thrift store. I think I'll leave the plate out all year because it isn't really obvious that it is a Christmas plate unless you look closely. I love a great find!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are such great things! I'm now in the mode of "simplify"...which means I'm getting rid of stuff rather than acquiring them. It's such an internal battle. I wantto go thrifting, but I have no space for anything! Aargh! What's a girl to do?

Carrie J said...

Thanks. I know what you mean. My big problem is books and papers. I have problems getting rid of either. I've become a lot more selective over the years, but I still can't pass up a really good deal.