Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It Works!

My friend Angie has been telling me about her luck with coupon shopping and I have been reading about the deals Crystal gets.

Honestly, I didn't think I could save as much. It just seemed like so much work. When Crystal put her program on sale earlier this week I decided purchase it because she always seemed to have such great tips on her site. It is a well put together program and I would recommend it especially to those just learning to live frugally or just setting up housekeeping. Even an old dog like me learned a few tricks.

It is no secret that I am a die hard tightwad from way back, but coupons are something I just haven't taken the time to use. This week I decided to take the time to clip coupons, check the sales and make a list. I even organized my coupons... kind of.

Well tonight I took the plunge at my local Krogers. And I think I did really well. Everything you see in the picture above was $74.00 and some change. By purchasing items on sale and after my coupons (Kroger doubles 50 cent and lower) I only paid $36.33 tax included!

I got the mustard, 2 bottles of Worchestershire, and 2 cans dog food for free! I was very excited. The bag boy was impressed and the guy behind me said "That's what I'm talking about!" LOL.

Truthfully it wasn't that hard. I'm sure it will get easier as I get more organized and get used to the process. A big thanks to Angie and Crystal both for inspiring me to give it a try!

2 comments:

Crystal Paine said...

Way to go! :) The fun is just beginning. Thanks for sharing your link with me!

Debbie J said...

I love couponing!!!! I'm falling behind on it lately... You've done great!!!

The froggie fabric came from either Hancocks or Joann's, I can't remember which. Its called hip critters.