Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday Musings: Life Outside Our Own

I have nothing profound to say these days. Most days are filled with the mundane minutia that makes up our lives. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself and let myself start to think "poor me".

When I get that way, and if I'm lucky enough, someone will say something, or I will read something, that makes me hang my head realize how totally embarrassed I should be for being so ungrateful for the life I have. How very lucky I am to get up everyday and have things that I need to do, things that I do with very little effort on my part and no real discomfort.

Through Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer I got lucky. , She shared the story of Alicia at Posy Gets Cozy and the story of a horrific accident that she endured and the lessons she learned while she recovered:

"I had a vision about the world when I was there. It came to me one night as if a little door opened and I looked through and eavesdropped on the truth. I saw that the world was constantly falling apart, it was always in a state of little things always falling apart, and then there were these brigades of individual human angels, with kind eyes, apples and stitches, repairing, fixing, mending, patting, bandaging the wounds of the world, and putting it back together, piece by tiny piece."

The rest of her account can be read here.

No comments: