Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Days in the Sun

Winter hasn't been that bad here in Tennessee but for some reason it has been harder to handle this year. I long for warm sunny days outdoors. My husband and I made a trip to our favorite place, Norris State Park, last weekend just to get outside. The wind was blowing and it was chilly but the sun felt so good. We walked along the Clinch river and watched the wildlife. There were lots of geese, songbirds and otters. But the thing I enjoyed most were the Herons. There were 3 that were chasing each other back and forth in front of the area where we were. I was lucky enough to get this great shot of one of them. Being outdoors for the day reminded me that each season has its charms. I shouldn't wish so hard for spring and in the process miss what winter has to offer. I think too often in life I do the same, wish for something to hurry and pass so that I can get on to something else and I miss what that time has for me. So from here on out my goal is to enjoy each season of my life more for what it is, good or bad, and learn the lesson it has to offer. I'll end with one of my favorite quotes from Rainer Maria Rilke: If your everyday life seems poor, don't blame it; blame yourself; admit to yourself that you are not enough of a poet to call forth its riches; because for the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place.

No comments: