Friday, June 20, 2008

How To Build A Greenhouse

I would love to have a greenhouse. My friend Angie and I were discussing how we could build one ourselves. It just so happens that Angie has the frame to a portable carport just sitting around, ( a very long story!) so these instructions will come in very handy for her. Here are instructions for the "Hoop" type of greenhouse , pictured above, that could be constructed over a planting area. There are pictures of a little girl assembling it so this one is probably just my speed. Here are the directions for one very similar but just a little more complicated.

I never realized that so many things can be constructed from PVC pipe. Can you believe this bed below is made from PVC?! Check out this page with pictures of items that people have designed and made from PVC. I am so impressed. I wish I had thought of the kids playhouse when my children were young. They would have loved it.

The pictures are from the website pvcplans.com

1 comment:

Angie Massey said...

How cool is that. I love the PVC site. I wish I were that creative.