Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What I Saw: It Was 30 Years Ago Today

My husband came up to me this morning, smiled and asked a question that I have learned to fear...."Do you remember what today is?" "Hmmmm....Wednesday?" I asked lamely. "Yeeessss....but what day is it?" "Uhhhhh....Garbage day?" I stuttered. It was no use....I was in trouble. I thought it was guys who could never remember important dates! Unfortunately, in this case, it is me. Sigh.

Actually, in my defense, it is Wednesday and garbage day. It also happens to be the 30th anniversary of the day I met the man with the memory of an elephant.

He planned a sunset picnic at the lake to celebrate. We walked on the shore, ate great food and watched the sun set. It was beautiful and romantic and made me very glad for the man with the mind like a steel trap.

2 comments:

Sonny said...

What did you eat? What was the name of the lake? What did ya'll talk about? HMMMM... Just kidding sis. Glad you married my brother-in-law cause I rreeaallyy like him!!!! See ya!

Christine said...

What a sweet, sweet husband you have there.