Thursday, August 17, 2006

American Idol

Randy and I attended the American Idol tour concert in Nashville this past weekend. Friends of ours gave us tickets and even paid for our hotel! We owe them big time. The concert was wonderful. Every one of them sound better in person than on TV. I was really impressed with Lisa Tucker, who played the piano beautifully, and Paris, man can that girl dance! But the one that really surprised me was Ace. There is no doubt the boy is a looker, but I was never impressed with his performances on the show. In person his voice amazed me. It is much stronger and his stage presence is much better than on the show. He must be a skateboarder because the boy can flat jump! He sailed off a couple of ramps and managed to clear the heads of those near him! Chris was phenomenal! He opened his set with Whole Lot of Love and really rocked the house. He has a fabulous voice. But my man, Taylor, is just amazing. There is just something about him, he is just so FUN to watch. I think it is because you can tell he is having such a blast. We loved it and I look forward to hearing what these talented people produce. I think this year was probably the best over all as far as talent goes for the show. The next day we took Tyler and toured Nashville. We met an adorable couple from England. They were on their honeymoon. He plays in a Blues band and their honeymoon was touring the birthplaces of the Blues in America. They were just charming! I wish them the very best. We took Ty to the state museum and capitol. We all learned a lot about Tennessee history. Great field trip. We saw the Parthenon, that is certainly impressive! We did the whole Music Row thing, ate at Rainforest Cafe. We even saw a photo shoot for Montgomery Gentry. We spent that night in Nashville as well then headed to Franklin and Murfreesboro to check out the civil war sights. More homeschooling. All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I would like to go back to Nashville soon. The Frist museum, Country Music Hall of Fame and Opry Mills mall are calling my name.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I had always wished to go to American Idol in LA while we were out there. We never could get tickets. Wow...it sounds like it was amazing!