Monday, July 24, 2006

Rock on!

Randy bought a turntable for my birthday. We have enjoyed listening to our old albums from our high school days. The music still sounds just as good as it did then...well...most of it. I can't say much for some of the disco I bought! LOL. At least it was fun. We had considered getting rid of them. I'm glad we didn't. Our children have been raised on rock and roll. They can recognize almost every Beatles song. They are familiar with much of the old stuff. Which is more than I can say for their friends. It is almost sinful when a kids asks "Who are the Beatles?" Randy almost has a coronary! Too many kids think music began with the groups they listen to. We tried to expose our children to all types of music from classic on down the line. Juliana requested a Frank Sinatra collection for Christmas a few years back. I think she was 15. One of our favorite songs to listen to when they were young was Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. I can't say they appreciated my using Edgar Winter's Free Ride to wake them up though. But it sure was fun! LOL

1 comment:

Vile Blasphemer said...

Ahh... yes... I cry for a day when children aren't so musically linear.